What are my primary responsibilities as a host family?
December 3, 2016 7:49 am
- Providing your host student with a safe, supportive, and loving home for the academic year (or for however long your student will be with you).
- Welcoming your host student as a member of the family and encouraging students to participate in all aspects of family life
- Providing your host student with his/her own private bedroom, a desk, dresser, closet, chair, adequate lighting, and a quiet place to study
- Providing your student with all meals (except school lunches when provided by the school)
- Providing transportation to and from school and all school-related activities
- Provide wireless internet connection
- English must be the primary language spoken in the home
- Encouraging the exchange of ideas and providing students with exposure to the cultural and social environment of your home and neighborhood
- Providing the love and understanding a young person needs to enjoy a successful academic and social year in the United States