Your trusted partner in homestay management
Hosting an international student can be intimidating experience when assuming liability responsibilities. We do the heavy lifting so you don’t have to.
The Host Home or Homestay experience is generally the component of an International Program that causes the most anxiety for schools and administrators. Often the greatest challenge when embarking on establishing an international studies program revolves around questions of liability and responsibility for the welfare of the students.
Twinn Palms will provide your school with 100% management support systems and staffing, monthly reporting with host family and students, ease the school’s international program staff’s workload, thus reducing the school’s risk and liability in all situations.
Assuming the responsibility of introducing minor students who live away from their parents in a host home is a serious responsibility and Twinn Palms will assume the liability and ensure that due diligence has been met including, but not limited to:
- Power of Attorney Documents
- Custody Documents
- Major Medical Insurance Acquisition
- Medical Liability Release Forms
Twinn Palms maintains the financial records for the program including the management of custodial, placement and monthly fees to host families.
Local Homestay Coordinator
Twinn Palms will hire a Local Coordinator who will be assigned to the host school to manage all aspects of its homestay program. This coordinator is responsible for organizing and supporting the efficiency of the Homestay Program and will be under the supervision of Twinn Palms management. The Local Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Recruiting and Management of Host Families
- Along with school administrators develop a profile of the type of family that would support the school’s international program goals.
- Promotes the Homestay Program in the community (i.e. staff, faculty and school families).
- If needed, places ads in the area and responds to all homestay inquiries.
- Maintains current and complete files of all prospective homestay families.
- Provide interested families with complete application pack insuring that they return all necessary documents, pictures and letters of recommendation, including authorization to perform background checks.
- Screens and interviews new families, conducts the criminal record search process (FBI Level II), Live Scan fingerprinting, and maintains copies of completed forms and custodian/guardianship letters.
- Home visits to all prospective families and conducts a Host Family Interview to insure that the family is an appropriate host family candidate.
- Matches students with homestay families.
- Provides current information and address lists to host families, school and staff.
- Notifies relevant parties of student moves and changes.
Upon your acceptance of partnering with Twinn Palms Corporation as your Homestay Management Company, we will proceed to a Homestay Arrangement Agreement between your school and Twinn Palms. We recognize that the homestay program is a crucial component of any school’s international program. Through Twinn Palms, we pledge to walk with your administrators, students and families to make the host family experience an enriching one. We stand ready to work with you in the expansion of your international student program.